Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Let's face it, I'm a wino...

So, after a couple of glasses of wine I'm feeling like an artist, but let's face it who isn't. What is there to do in Tulsa other than get sauced inside your own residence (we're thinking, we're thinking), oh that's right, nothing. If I lived alone the thought of this might be depressing, but I have my hubs to thank for the bartending, and my son for the reason to need a drink. Don't get me wrong, he is probably the most amazing kid on the plant (c'mon I'm the mom, I'm supposed to be biased), but after a long day with a 9 month old, the wine seems to pour itself.
Speaking of the child, it's recently come to my attention, from everyone that I speak to, that It's outrageous that I haven't started planning his birthday party yet. Is it just me, or is it 2.5 months away!? In the spirit of trying to be a good mother, I have purchased a pack of half-assed Target invitations because my husband made a huge stink about me ordering any personalized ones, and I'm now trying to nail down a date. The seems simple to the untrained un-parent, but from what I understand it's a sensitive business planning a toddler's birthday party, especially when said toddler's birthday falls directly between Christmas and New Years. Any thoughts, are you listening out there?

No comments:

Post a Comment