Monday, September 3, 2012

Is anyone out there?

I just wonder sometimes if anyone really sees or hears me for who I really am. I know people always say that you should dance like nobody is watching, but what if I want someone to watch? I feel like I am constantly in motion with no potential break in sight, but what am I really accomplishing? Parenting is a continuous minefield of happiness, peppered with tenuous moments. It would be nice to enjoy a meal, read a book, or oh hell, even go to the bathroom without someone breaking into a wail! I know that it can only get better from here, but as it gets better my children will only like me less and less, and therefore want to have less and less to do with me, so is that really better? I try to enjoy the little precious moments with them as much as possible, but they seem  so fleeting, I feel like they just slip through my fingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment